Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wednesday, 5/6/09 - "FEED ME, FEED ME!"

"FEED ME, FEED ME!"

When I woke up this morning, I asked God to feed me - to fill me up with His healing and loving spirit. He did. He fed me - mind, body, and spirit.

I put my feet in gear and my scooter in motion and went to an Al-Anon meeting. The topic was forgiveness. There is such healing in the act of forgiving. There was a lot of discussion and people were in all kinds of different places...some were at the place where they are not able to forgive (yet) because they believe it is the same as condoning the wrongs done to them. Others were just beginning to discover the good that comes from forgiving.

For myself, I have come to recognize that not forgiving is a poison that seeps through my whole self, an acid that burns into and destroys my soul. I understand today that most, if not all, of the people I have forgiven were sick, not bad people. When I do not forgive, I hurt only myself. I am willing to do whatever it takes to forgive. This meeting fed my spirit.

I forced myself to return to the gym today and complete my exercise routine. I tried to eat in a healthy manner. I even took a short nap. All these activities fed my body.

I spent time reading blogs, thinking about them, and commenting as well as writing this one. I listened to several sponsees describe problems they were having and tried to provide some support and guidance. These things fed my mind.

Tonight I can say I was fed - I feel well-nourished, satisfied, balanced, and at one with myself, my God, and my fellow man.

It
feels wonderful to be in this "good space" at this moment.

I share it with you,

Prayer Girl

10 comments:

Lou said...

This is interesting. I believe God wants us to feed our physical selves with healthy food and exercise. Mostly I hear emphasis on the emotional and spiritual aspects. You brought this up in a gentle and clever way.

steveroni said...

Wasn't something once said about "The Bread of Life?" And what about "food for the soul?"

A VERY good blog, my dear! And that's not just because you are...you know...my wife........
Love,
Me

Just Be Real said...

Well written dear one. Touched me and has a different approach. The picture says a lot also. Thank you PG for all you do. Blessings.

Kathy Lynne said...

thank you for sharing it with us...

Shadow said...

that bit about forgiving. that's worth remembering... lovely post.

Gin said...

Enjoyed this. Especially the part about forgiveness. I struggle with this because of the kids, I feel so angry at my husband sometimes for missing out on their lives, but I find that when I do let go and forgive my soul feels lighter. Thank you for this post. Needed it.

Wait. What? said...

ah working on this myself...

have a great Wednesday PG!

Unknown said...

It all sounds wonderful PG, to nurture yourself and to take care of oneself through the work of HP!

I hope that your today is just as brilliant and know that you shine through the universe to touch all of us!

Love,
G

Syd said...

I wonder sometimes about forgiveness. If I forgive, that means I've judged. Perhaps I like to think that I can accept, love and move on. I can understand that others have shortcomings just as I do. Maybe that is forgiveness. I like to think that God is the one who forgives us all. I just try to do his will.

Kay said...

So wonderful and brave your optimism and strength. The reminder of forgiveness is such a strong and necessary tool for life and well-being; thank you for the reminder.