Monday, May 11, 2009

Tuesday, 5/12/09 - "CREATING MEMORIES"

"CREATING MEMORIES"


Enjoying the love, pleasure, and beautiful nostalgic feelings of past memories is a wonderful gift.

That's what I did for Mother's Day - I remembered my mother and being a mother.


Today is a new day and I feel it is equally important for me to actively create memories now that I will be able to draw on to remember love, pleasure, and beautiful nostalgic feelings someday in the future.


Today was another glorious day in the town where I live on the Gulf of Mexico. Today I created memories for my future.
My daughter--who has been visiting a few days--and I went to the beach again. We had been to there on Friday. Today, the water was spectacular, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the water a perfect temperature for swimming and just lolling in the light chop. We spent about an hour and a half just lazing around on our raft.

We took a half hour walk along the shore taking lots of pictures including the one above.


After the beach, we made a stop at a little place that has become a little ritual - coney dogs at "Skyline Chili".....mine with chili and cheese, her's with cheese. Very yummy!


This evening I was just sitting on the sofa with hubby and I put my arms around him, snuggled closely, and we just sat quietly for a while. I'm creating a beautiful memory for the future.


Yesterday, I received a call early in the morning from my son wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. Later yesterday, his delightful new wife called me also to wish me the same. Today a card arrived from the two of them. Creation of a beautiful memory.


My birthday is at the end of the month and happens to be on the same day that my sponsor and I are going together on a weekend spiritual retreat. We will be creating a memory.


I love this idea. Why not create your own memory for the future?


Prayer Girl

7 comments:

steveroni said...

God created memories for us to create. I like your re-creations!
S

Shadow said...

gotcha!

Unknown said...

May your Birthday brings lots of joys, happiness, grace, peace and whatever you dream of.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Have a blessed day,

Gin said...

I often think about this very same thing. Sometimes in the middle of a really great day with the kids I think to myself what a great memory it will be for me when I am older. Hopefully it will be a great one for them as well. I love waking up to your blog entries. They always start my day off right!

Lou said...

What a perfect day (even that part about snuggling with that guy)!

God has really got our backs, dear PG.

Syd said...

I was thinking about that this weekend. That the things that we are doing today are those memories and things that I'll cherish later. I've thought that in the past as well. I can bring back those moments from the past that were sweet, delicious and full of life.

Kay said...

oh, you are so dear in your memories, like a human, I read what you write and grow sad, because that is not my life, but love that other's share that experience. You are blessed and realize that; I am too, just differently... :) thank you for sharing, very touching.