Thursday, May 7, 2009

Friday, 5/8/09 - "THE BOX - SHATTERED"

(Bill Wilson's meeting room)




Every Friday, compose a short story of 55 words -
no more, no less. if you want to join in the
fun and games and give it a try...post your story
and report to the boss G-Man!

"THE BOX - SHATTERED"

She glances at her watch. It's three hours since they talked and now she and Lucy are in a room filled with laughing, smiling people who seem to glow just like Lucy.

What is happening?


She doesn't know, but she feels lighter, freer.

The room then becomes silent. She hears, "God grant me the serenity..."


Prayer Girl

____________________________

Note: The following was LAST WEEK'S "55 Flash Fiction Friday":

"THE BOX - IV"


They had met sitting at adjacent tables. She averted her eyes, then sneaked peeks at this stranger who fairly glowed.


The lady smiled at her with a smile that lit up the cafe and said softly, "Hi, I'm Lucy. We both seem to be alone. Want to talk?"


She hesitated and then cautiously replied, "Okay!"

17 comments:

steveroni said...

Whether the beginning of a story, or the ending of a story...I like it-- "God grant me the serenity..."

It's like "Welcome Home!"

anthonynorth said...

You write well. Enjoying these.

Lou said...

I have the feeling next week's 55 will include the phrase "keep coming back." (only 3 words there!)

Mona said...

sometimes we have to think out of the box, to know the truth. And truth has no obligation to console us.

Hootin Anni said...

Great 55. Yes, grant us all serenity. These days, we need all the help we can get, if you ask me. Love your work this Friday. You did an outstanding job.

My 55 is posted now. Either you can use the direct link at the top of my Friday post or scroll down below the Friday's show n tell photos. Have a super day.

Dr.John said...

Another great 55.
I love the way you work your experience into the ongoing 55.
Mine is posted.

G-Man said...

Thank you so much PG for playing once again. I'm glad you are having fun with Fridays, that makes me smile. Thanks for visiting, and haqve a Great Week-End...G

Shadow said...

i really enjoy your series...

Lulda Casadaga said...

Ah a friend of Bill's...so is my husband. It works for him! :) Nice job!

paisley said...

good story... like lou's comment and was thinking the same thing!!!!

Unknown said...

This is great! I love this and it always amazes me what we can come up with in 55 words.
G

Gin said...

Ohhhhh, this is gettin' good. Can't wait for next Friday.

ciara said...

great 55. i'm glad you played again this week :)

Syd said...

Thanks Anna, it sounds as if she has broken out of the box by getting into the rooms.

clean and crazy said...

what a lovely story this is turning out to be, one day you will publish a best seller!!

Head Cookie said...

Very nicely done. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. My 55 is up

Donnetta said...

Enjoyed these, Girl. Cool writing. D