Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wednesday 1/28/09 - "JFTNMW"

(JFTNMW I will sit peacefully and serenely in the meadow of my mind)

"JFTNMW"
(Just for today, no matter what!)

JFTNMW I will remember where I came from (an alcoholic with a hopeless state of mind and body), the progress I have made, and realize the distance I have yet to travel in my spiritual journey.

JFTNMW
I will remember that I am powerless (over alcohol, what others think, say, or do, and circumstances) and will turn my will and my life over to the care of God that I may have access to His limitless power.


JFTNMW
I will count my blessings. I will take time to identify the things I am grateful for such as my sobriety, my loved ones, our health, my needs being met.


JFTNMW
I will not consider myself "less than" or "worthless", but rather will see myself as a child of God and of great value.

JFTNMW I will place my husband and children in the palm of God's hand.


JFTNMW
I will allow God to throw His heavenly web around me and others that I may be a channel to help them.


JFTNMW
I will use the tools I have learned in Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon. I will pray, reach out to other recovering persons, and practice the principles of the program in all my affairs.


JFTNMW
I will have courage to allow myself to "touch" others as God "pushes" me to do.


JFTNMW I will drive fear and anxiety away as if they were poison. I will take all necessary steps to switch my perception from the half empty to the half full glass.

JFTNMW
I will choose to think well of myself, be satisfied that I have done all that God wanted of me today.


JFTNMW
- if I see a lack in myself, I will ask God to help me.


JFTNMW
I will not compare myself to others.


JFTNMW
I will forgive others, hold no resentments. I will pray for others.


JFTNMW
I will live life to the fullest of which I am capable.


JFTNMW
I will know:

I HAVE ENOUGH

I DO ENOUGH
I AM ENOUGH, just for today


Prayer Girl

9 comments:

Syd said...

Thanks for this. I would like to do these every day. Good to remember and I like these better than the Just for Today CAL.

Kathy Lynne said...

Beautiful and thanks for the reminder it is JFTMNW...for all of these and not just the drink.

Findon said...

We all have value in Gods eyes. realising that changed my life. I realised what an insult it was to God, when I abused myself or allowed myself to be abused in anyway. I'm Ok. I don't ned to tamper with it.

Shadow said...

now these are good ideas if i have ever seen any!!!! thanks for sharing, pg

Pammie said...

I do believe I will join you today in your JFTNMW.

Faith said...

Hey there, can I have your email address? I need to invite you to view my blog because I changed the privacy settings. Thanks. Love, Faith

One Prayer Girl said...

Faith,
My email address is:

oneprayergirl@gmail.com

Akannie said...

JFTNMW...

yeah. I like it.

And just because...here's a little ((((((HUG)))))) for. You know...in case you're needing one or something..

xoxoxox

Wait. What? said...

PG I love the caption under the picture and the meadow of my mind is so lyrical!