Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sunday 1/4/09 - "NEW YEAR'S EVOLUTIONS""

"NEW YEAR'S EVOLUTIONS"

FOR 2009
-
OUT WITH RESOLUTIONS!
-
IN WITH EVOLUTIONS!

Evolution (definition): A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form.

Most years I decide on New Year's Resolutions and by the end of the week or even the day in which I made them, they are gone from my head for the duration of the year. Sometimes I try to remember last year's when the new year rolls around, but seldom can remember.


This year I have decided to think in more gradual terms because that is how changes happen for me.


So......(for me)........ WHAT NEEDS EVOLVING?


Appreciation of each moment.


Artistic expressions:

Writing poems, writing in general

Drawing and painting


Physical well-being:

Less eating
Healthy eating

Exercise

Spirituality:

Prayer life

Conversations with God

God-consciousness


Getting out of myself:

Finding an AA home group
Working with others

Ministries:
Ministry of "presence"
Ministry of "healing touch"

Ministry of "prayer"

The art of "Listening"

Practicing being satisfied.

Being a "prayer" girl!



Photo credit: Recursive Stained Glass - By Gadl - (License)
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this idea so much...Evolutionary time is a better suit for me. Thank you for this and I think that your evolutions are amazing...

steveroni said...

Gosh, how come you have no comments?

I my opinion, this is a beautiful list of how I can grow over this year, instead of making sudden, drastic changes, like "quit eating"...

Only I could never work a t becomming a better "Prayer Girl"...maybe a "Prayer Boy". Oh my gosh, we only need one of us in the house...-grin, the prettier one!

Akannie said...

Beautiful!
I think I'll borrow your ideas, if it's all the same to you.

I'm so glad to know you, cupcake!

Linda S. Socha said...

This is stunning and artfully lovely...in addition to totally on target verbally. Concept wise the evolution thought is one I breathe easily with. I am Linda and a new visitor to your blog.Thank you for sharing this post. If you are out and about please come by and say hello
Linda

Shadow said...

now that sounds doable. i don't do new year resolutions either. much too much negative 'publicity' attached to them, kinda like everyone expects you to end up not doing them. and that it's okay to fail. your way sounds much better.

Shannon said...

all good and all obtainable
thanks for always being inspiring

molly said...

looking very well rounded. sorta reminds me of ken wilber's integral stuff - i'm still trying to figure it out but it touches each 'quadrant' - being careful not to leave out physical body, community, service, etc. if/when i ever get it sorted, i'll share. your way looks mucho simplier! take care :)

Syd said...

Evolving to be the person that God wants me to be is my hope for the New Year.