Sunday, January 25, 2009

Monday, 1/26/09-"Gee-I LOVE THE LETTER G"

















































("G" - Giraffe - Geranium - Gingham)


"Gee-I LOVE THE LETTER G"


Steveroni played a game on his blog that seemed like huge fun, so I thought I'd play along...and he sent me the letter....G!

The rules of the game are simple. You are assigned a random letter and you should then post 10 things that you love that begin with that letter. If you read this and want to play, leave a comment that says so, and I'll assign you a random letter. And on and on it goes.

TEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THE LETTER "G"

GOD

Now, I have to assume that Mr. Steveroni gave me the letter "G" 'cause he knew it would make me so happy to have the letter that would allow me to express my tremendous love and gratitude for God. God is "everything" - the beginning, the end, and everything in between - the beginning of my life and sobriety. God is the author of my life and pens every experience I have had and will have. When I keep this foremost in my mind, my life is filled with peace, serenity, and God's power.

GRATITUDE

Gratitude naturally flows from my love of God. Every good thing that I have ever had, has been a gift from God. I see that now. I am grateful for every experience I have had - the good, the bad, and the not so good. Gratitude feels like beautiful classical or sacramental music - it lifts my spirit to a higher level.

GENTLE
I love the feel of gentle breezes blowing over me and the sound as they move through the tall pines. Gentle touches and gentle words bring healing.


GIRAFFE

The giraffe seems an elegant, regal, stately animal - full of beauty and grace. Such an unusual animal with quite a long neck. How wonderful to be a creature whose head is almost in the clouds, who can almost see into heaven.


GROWTH

All of life is either growing or withering. I am either growing or withering. I choose growth. Life is full of abundant growth.


GREEN

I love the sight of an endless meadow of green grass stretching as far as the eye can see. Green also reminds me of what I heard early in sobriety, "Keep the memory green." And, green happens to be my daughter's favorite color.


GERANIUM

Love gardens, window boxes, carts full of all vibrant colors of geraniums.

GINGHAM

When I was in junior high school I took home economics and I learned to sew. One of my most favorite projects was a gingham dress that I dearly loved.


GRACE

Grace - gifts from God. I am sober by the grace of God.

GRAHAM CRACKER

I make a homemade strawberry pie that is the favorite of all my family. It is at it's best made in a graham cracker crust. Love graham crackers with butter too.


I'm so glad I finally felt well enough to be able to complete my "Love the Letter G"!

Prayer Girl

7 comments:

Hope said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! Green is also the symbolic colour of hope.
I loved reading about your "Gs".

Akannie said...

Oh...glad you're feeling better, Prayer girl...
Game looks like fun!!

We have snow here, more coming tonight and all is well with the world...

Kathy Lynne said...

Gospodi! I'll take a letter:)

Lou said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. Your post tells "the old prayer girl is back". Opps! You know what I mean**grin**

Syd said...

Good G things. Glad that you are feeling better.

mile191 said...

Great G words. Thanks for sharing. I feel a bit happier after reading and pondering gratitude. thanks.

J-Online said...

What fun! I want to play