Friday, January 9, 2009

Saturday 1/10/09 - Interview with a Prayer Girl


"INTERVIEW WITH
A PRAYER GIRL"
(To use Steveroni's phrase, this ended up a "blong")

There’s a game going around. I found it at Shadow's blog. I was game to play so she sent me these questions. If you want to play too, check out the rules at the bottom…

1. if your husband were to give you a surprise, in any shape, form or action, what would please you the most?


A trip to Italy


2. what was the worst argument you had with the person who taught you how to drive a car/ride a bike?

I'm not much of an argumentative person. Rather than argue, I tend to pout, give the "silent treatment". (Getting better in this regard, I hope.) My father taught me how to drive a car and I don't remember any arguments. My initial instruction in riding my scooter was from none other than Mr.SteveroniPants. I remember one day his instruction involved practicing
certain maneuvers by following his lead. He was, in my estimation, being a MrSmartyPants, not realizing my actual ability or lack thereof, and making moves that were way above my skill level. I was afraid of falling over. Finally, I just stopped in the middle of an area of the parking lot as he continued weaving, turning, stopping, and drove out of sight. Eventually I got moving again and drove to where he had finally parked. That's as close as I got to an argument.

3. we all like to eat healthy foods, within certain dietary guidelines. which one item, is your favourite ‘downfall’?


Trying to name just one item of all my favorite food "downfalls" was really tough. I adore sugar in general - candies, cookies, cakes, pies, as well as all kinds of junk food that turn into sugar once you eat them. So, one item......I guess I'll pick CHOCOLATE FUDGE!


4. tell me more about your ‘ministry of healing touch’, what it is, what it means to you, what it means to whom it is applied.


The ministry of healing touch. What is it? Good question. I have an answer I have cobbled together based on the sequence of events and conversations with my parish priest. For me, I can characterize it best by describing what happened the first time I came to know for myself what it was and that I had it.


On a Saturday in December of '06, I was sitting with my husband in our parish Church and felt compelled (mental thing) to hold his arthritic hand and I just kept thinking his hand would be healed. Later that night I was playing cards with a group of girls. One of the girls had asthma, had forgotten her inhaler, and was having more and more difficulty breathing as the night went on. One side of my mind had the "compelling" desire to get up, go over, and place my hands on her back. I did not reason this out, just felt it so strongly. The other side of my brain said to me, "Are you crazy? What will they think? What if nothing happens?". The war went on in my mind till I finally got up, went to the girl, placed my hands on her back
and immediately her breathing became normal. She was stunned. I was stunned. I went home in excited shock and told hubby all about it. Two days later he told me the arthritis in his hand was healed that day in the church. (He waited two days to tell me to be "sure" the pain was really gone.)

There have been many other instances since then. I can only say that I believe that God uses my hands as a channel to heal. I don't know why. I just know He does. I only know that something has happened if the other person tells me. Sometimes there is an immediate physical healing or relief that I can see. Sometimes healing relief happens later. There are also times when what happens seems to be more in the realm of spiritual or emotional healing - people express a feeling of peace. Sometimes people say they feel a great deal of heat coming from my hands. I don't feel it.


I was thrilled and scared. I didn't understand what was going on. I went to see our priest and explained what was happening. He told me this was one of the many kinds of spiritual gifts and it is not uncommon for people to have spiritual gifts.

He also told me three things.
One, it's not about me.

Two, God has his purposes.

Three, don't limit God.


What does it mean to me?

It's hard to put this into words. It means everything to me. Life is full of mystery and the supernatural. The supernatural is God interacting in this world - NOW, TODAY, not just in the past. This entire experience has humbled me especially when I realize I have no power over this healing touch. God is totally in charge and I remain willing to be of service.

What does it mean to others?

I mostly don't know - it is a very personal thing between them and God. Most people don't know what to say to me. Those with a belief in God often have that belief reinforced. I'm sure more will be revealed.

5. describe the place (anywhere in the world) you would most like to live, be it real or imaginary.

The place I would most like most to live is in the mountains. I absolutely adore mountains and I miss the change of seasons that I grew up with. I remember rhododendron, cherry blossoms, and azaleas in glorious profusion in Spring. I remember the beauty of the colored leaves on and off the trees in Fall. I love the beauty of snow in the Winter and the green everywhere in the Summer. In my perfect place, snow would remain for short periods of time and my electric would never go out. My mountain home would always have the perfect amount of rain and snow so that the creeks and streams would always bubble downhill in the Spring and Summer.


The Rules
  • Leave me a comment saying: interview me
  • Comments with e-mail addresses will not be published to preserve privacy
  • I will e-mail you five questions. I get to pick the questions
  • You can then answer the questions on your blog
  • You should also post these rules along with an offer to interview anyone else who e-mails you wanting to be interviewed
  • Anyone who asks to be interviewed should be sent 5 questions to answer on their blog
  • It would be nice if the questions were individualized for each blogger
So, who's up for it????

(Photo Credit: Praying Angel by Matt Birbiglia)

8 comments:

steveroni said...

Hey, it took courage to write about your experiences with the healing touch. Many, many people would not, will not, understand. But we are not here to be UNDERSTOOD...only to be willing to do His will, and ask for the Power to carry it out.
Bless you, PG
Love,
Steve E.

Hope said...

Pick me, pick me!

It is such a humbling thing to be used by God. I've experienced healing through the power of prayer. It's humbling to be on that side of it, too.

Shadow said...

hey! i simply loved reading your answers. the healing touch. i guessed something like this, wasn't sure. you are indeed blessed. and never mind what others would think, you do what you have to do. you obviously can and you're obviously meant to.

and between your mountains and italy, the world IS a beautiful place.

thanks for playing!

Findon said...

Loved it. The bit about the healing touch. Italy. You have to be taken there. It is a most magical place. The history just lives. Interview me.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

I have seen so many gifts of the Spirit that I have no choice but to believe. I firmly believe my husband has the gift of healing as well. I've experienced it.

Thank you for sharing this, I'd rather be one of the few who shares miracles, than the many who fear. :)

Anonymous said...

I pray that some day I can become aware of what my purpose is here. You are an awesome lady prayer girl. I would also love to see Italy before I leave the planet. Great Post!

Lou said...

I have seen the healing touch, and know it to be true. You don't have to explain that one at all. I think many people have it, but without faith it is rendered useless. You have been chosen by God, and had the open heart to recognize it.

Syd said...

Great interview. The healing touch information is powerful.