Thursday, January 29, 2009

Friday, 1/30/09 - "HEAVY"

"HEAVY"

HEAVY
A million voices screaming entry

To my electric soul

Oh heavy sounds

Tumultuous roaring noise

So weighty, black and dank

Swirling twirling through the eyes
To penetrate deep the hidden mind


So loud a crashing cacophony

Oppressive, chilling, stilling

Hushing the head

Drawing a blanket up around

To mute the monstrous noise

Tune out the crowded frequency

Yet still distorted waves encroach

Till the din subsides its roar


Prayer Girl

8 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Heavy. Very. I love it! Well said, well done and in general unique. I like the unique. Also I confess I believe I may have had many days like the words of that poem...Where...life just felt...heavy...not at all sure what your intention was...just that I relate

Thank you PG
Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your creativity!!!

Peace, m'lady!

Shadow said...

wow, powerful poem! nice writing this!!!

J-Online said...

This describes my night last night to a T! Very well written Prayer Girl!

indistinct said...

I loved that. Thank you for sharing your gift with us.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

This was the perfect thing to start my meditation with today!

Beautiful and moving!


Thank you!

steveroni said...

PG what can I say? 'Whence cometh' all this creativity? (Not from yer husband!) But I LOVE it! Into the depths of thoughtfulness....

Syd said...

This poem reminds me of a book I'm reading called Cell by Stephen King. It's a heavy poem in many ways.