Thursday, June 4, 2009

Friday 6/5/09 - "THE BOX - BREAKING THE SILENCE"


FLASH FICTION FRIDAY 55


"THE BOX -
BREAKING THE SILENCE"


Silence.

She can hear the ticking of the clock hanging above her writing table. Oh, God, what now? What if the woman on the other end hangs up? Maybe she should hang up.

"Help me. He hits me. I'm afraid. I drink. I'm worthless. What should I do? Please help me."

"What's your first name?"

Prayer Girl

______________________________________
Note: The following was LAST WEEK's
"55 Flash Fiction Friday"
"THE BOX - ACTION"

No! Wait! Before she dials, she'll pour a drink. She thinks about how she's been hiding the scars and bruises and drinking takes the pain away.

The drinking worries her. She'll ask Lucy to take her to another meeting.

She dials, it's ringing, and then she hears, "Hello, abuse hotline. Can I help you?

"Yes!..."
___________________________________

Every Friday, compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you want to join in the fun and games and give it a try...post your story and report to the boss G-Man!

13 comments:

Zanejabbers said...

Sometimes I have 55 words in one sentence.

Shadow said...

very real, very scary...

Lou said...

I think she is very close to step 1..

Just Be Real said...

I come for my Friday55. Thank you once again PG! Excellent! Blessings.

Dr.John said...

In 55 words you have let us look at the mind of a battered woman. Great writing. A very good 55.

Hootin Anni said...

Mine's posted. As always, scroll down below my show n tell, or click on the link provided at the beginning!! Happy weekend.

My daughter recently got out of an abusive marriage.

Fandango said...

You humans are so mean to each other. We feel so sorry for her. She is not worthless but we aren't too sure of him.
Well written 55
Ours is posted

G-Man said...

PG....
Thanks for playing again this Friday.
I see you have a nice little following, thats a tribute to your comforting and talented ways..
Have a Great Week-End...G

Wait. What? said...

I like how you are looping your 55's into one another as a story!

Head Cookie said...

These 55's are very well done. Don't hang up stay on that line. The next call is to the moving truck send him packing and dump the booze down the sink stand tall chin up and keep going to those meetings. My 55 is up.

Syd said...

I hope that she gets the help she needs. Intense stuff here.

Maude Lynn said...

You've really captured the tension and fear.

Mona said...

I hope she gets help in time...