Thursday, June 25, 2009

Friday 6/26/09 - "THE BOX - REMEMBERING"


(DEDICATED TO
FARRAH FAWCETT)


My Flash Fiction Friday 55 is dedicated to Farrah Fawcett. I felt the desire to dedicate this week's serialized segment to her not because I was a particularly wild fan of hers (although I always thought she was gorgeous - full of light with a radiant smile that dazzled), but for a more personal reason.

The diagnosis and course of Farrah's illness is being mirrored in a woman I was introduced to last summer by a sponsee. I have placed my hands on her and this always creates a very special bond. I have blogged about her before. She is a single mother with a 4 year old son. She is vivacious, lovely, full of life, but slowly being beaten down by cancer.

I ask everyone who reads this installment of "THE BOX" to, at the same time, say a prayer for Elizabeth.


FLASH FICTION FRIDAY 55
Friday Flash 55 is a story
written in exactly 55 words.
Let the G-Man know if you write one
and read the ones of your fellow writers.


"THE BOX - REMEMBERING"

She is remembering her confusion feeling so uncomfortable with his concern over where she was going, who with, and when she would be back. These were signs he loved her. Weren't they?

Why did it feel wrong?

She continues, "he hit me the first time about a year after we were married. I returned late.”

Prayer Girl
___________________________
Note: The following was LAST WEEK's
"55 Flash Fiction Friday":

"THE BOX - STEP 3"

Fear that has sewn her lips together so long is dissolved.

She asks, "What's your name?" The counselor says, "Cindy. Tell me about yourself."

Darlene decides to trust and says, "After eight years of marriage, I can now admit my husband's over attentiveness at the beginning of our marriage has progressed into constant abuse and"

13 comments:

G-Man said...

Thanks PG, for this touching 55.
Prayers will be said indeed...
Thanks for visiting, thanks for playing, and have a Wonderful Week-End...G

Lou said...

FF defined a decade, that is for sure.

Your 55 is painful, but at least we know she is getting help.

Mike Golch said...

a great posting for your friend as well as Farrah.

Cindy said...

Nice.
Prayer said here too.

steveroni said...

I wish you ahd a whole bunch of 55's so I would not have to wait for a week between breaths.

Good job...and Farrah was one of my "angels"...now she IS one of my Angels.

Tall Kay said...

This was very touching. I watched her documentary on my last flight from CT, and she so intimately shared her progress and struggles, in order to help others.

Thanks for reposting last weeks 55...now I get it! Very clever.

May God bless and comfort Elizabeth and her family as they walk this journey. Thank you PG

Shadow said...

the difference between caring and possessiveness...

Syd said...

Anna, any abuse is painful. What we do to each other is painful. Nice tribute to FF.

Gin said...

I'm with Steve. I feel like I hold my breath between "episodes". Great 55 PG.

Unknown said...

I cannot thank you and Steve enough for coming to meet Kristin and I, how amazing to see each other face to face! You all are amazing!!!

You post is amazing and prayers are being said for Elizabeth.
Thank you!
Gabi

Maude Lynn said...

Prayers and good thoughts for your friend!

Unknown said...

Thanks PG for sharing this wonderful post. I deeply delighted for your grateful works for your friend and Farrah. It was my pleasure to get to know you. Thank God.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

it gives me chills.

Elizabeth, I'm asking God for comforting for you and your family (friends included); His healing touch to continue to come to you in spirit, mind and body; and love in abundance to be showered over you.