Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wednesday, 4/15/09 - "A BLOG ABOUT NOTHING" - (The bathing of his elephant)

(Mahout Bathing an Elephant in India)

"A BLOG ABOUT NOTHING"
(The bathing of his elephant)

Here is just a picture, but not just any picture. The angle of the shot is unique. The subject is a large and imposing animal that inspires awe. There is contrast between man and beast.

This photo conjures up many different thoughts, feelings, and emotions. For me, this is what art - music, painting, poetry, photography, all forms of artistic expression - does, stirs the soul.


There is great love and care being given to this huge animal by a small and gentle man. Great energy and power is being subdued by the loving caress of his gentle ministrations.
This creature is leisurely and peacefully basking in the calm pool.

I feel the coolness of the air mixed with the warmth of the sun's rays. There are soft breezes blowing across this scene. The air smells fresh with a scent of the sun mixed in.


This elephant appears so peaceful and calm. He is leisurely basking in the cool, clear, green water, being soothed by his caregiver. A beast is tamed by the water and the word of his caretaker.

I love finding just the right picture to help express the thoughts and feelings of my blog. I love this picture.

Alcoholics Anonymous has given me a new freedom. I am free to be me, free to blog about anything I want to, free to blog about nothing.

Prayer Girl

(Photo credit: Mahout Bathing an Elephant, India by Mohit Midha)

8 comments:

steveroni said...

A comment about nothing:




Love,
Me

Just Be Real said...

Oh so glad the elephant is alive! I first thought it was killed. Then after reading what you wrote, it was just resting and in the cool of the water. Thanks PG for sharing! Blessings!!

Shadow said...

those two look perfectly in tune with each other. you're right. that picture doesn't need words, the emotions and feelings flow from it.

Syd said...

Great photo. The connection between man and beast is a wonderful thing.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

And I think of that Love and it just washes over me like a cool breeze too...

Blogs about nothing are REALLY SOMETHING!!!

Alive And Smiling (Jim) said...

Great photo and wonderful post!

Anonymous said...

That elephant is as relaxed and peaceful as my five year old during her mid day nap.

How on earth did you find this picture??

A. Miles said...

Great photo. I can imagine how the elephant skin feels.