Sunday, January 10, 2010

Monday 1/11/10 - "QUESTIONS"


























"QUESTIONS"


QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION
QUESTIONS OF PERCEPTION


I found myself asking some questions today for which I didn't automatically have answers. I had to allow time for consideration and reflection before I could decide what I thought. Some of my answers have altered my perception of things. Here are the questions:

Is everything going to pot?
OR
is everything in a pot being fertilized for future, flourishing, abundant growth?


Is my life falling apart?

OR
is my life falling together?

Am I being a doormat?

OR
am I holding my responses in check so that when I do respond, I will mean what I say, say what I mean and not say it mean?


Am I in denial?

OR
am I choosing to focus elsewhere - recognizing the negative, but placing my attention on the positive?


Am I being cold, rigid and unfeeling?

OR
am I protecting and taking care of myself?


Am I neglecting my responsibilities?
OR
am I "Letting go and letting God"?


Are people really trying to hurt me?
OR
am I taking things too seriously and too personally?


Am I disinterested in you?

OR
am I allowing you your privacy?

Am I insensitive to your needs and wants?
OR am I allowing you to grow by exploring your own feelings and thoughts, and making your own decisions?

Am I distant and uninvolved?
OR am I allowing you the respect and dignity you deserve?

Careful thought led me to realize that in some cases my thinking was not as clear as I thought it was or my motives weren't as pure as I hoped they were. I can use these questions to take inventory of current relationships and situations.

I'm sure there are plenty of other questions I might think of later, but for now, these are enough.


Happy reflections!


Prayer Girl


"A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues." - Cicero

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post is perfect, PG. In every way.

I hope you have a super week :)

Andrea said...

Great posts. Sounds like GOD has given you the answers to your ?s. I love it when HE does that in my own life.
andrea

Mike Golch said...

great thoughts to ponder.

Andrew said...

Is it not interesting that one answer often leads to another question?

I think Cicero got it right.

Love to you and yours Anna.

Anonymous :) said...

My life..falling together. I love that. These are very good questions.

dusty said...

Excellent questions for someone wanting to figure themselves out when life doesn't seem to be headed toward the future desired.

I think I am going to have to try answering them several times (at least 3 times: 1st when I'm in a good mood, 2nd when I'm feeling indifferent, and 3rd when I feeling negative)

The 1st, 2nd,and 3rd doesn't have anything to do with order I answer the questions, but rather the weight each carries to my permanent feelings regarding my honest answers to the questions.

Cause depending on what mood I'm in, my answers could by honest, yet complete oppose my previous honest answer.

Marcia said...

GREAT questions.

Shadow said...

you have some very meaningful OR's there. and they ring very familiar in my case...

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

I'm writing these considerations down to reflect on further. They are good considerations.

Brian Miller said...

these are some great questions! will meditate on these through out the day...hope your monday is great!

Lou said...

There are two sides to every story..or mood..or situation..or perspective.

Unknown said...

This is some great stuff. Like a mini 4th. Alanon has taught me that there is ALWAYS more than one way to look at something. Has saved my serenity many a time. Awesome stuff to chew on today.

namaste

clean and crazy said...

these are more about perspectives then questions. i love the perspectives you have here.

Syd said...

I have thought about these things many times. And I have wondered which side I'm on.

Garnet said...

Some of those questions can drive me so deep inside my head I can't see to get out of bed in the morning. They're good, but they can also be paralyzing. I have to approach them with a sense of humor, and abandon them early...

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this was great.. really great. I love the two pov. Sarah