REFLECTIONS ON CHANGE, SPIRITUALITY, BELIEF, FAITH, PRAYER, AND MORE
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Thursday 11/19/09 - "THANK YOU SARAH"
"THANK YOU SARAH"
My day began in such a beautiful way with an award from Sarah. The sun is up and shining bright and this award has me glowing even brighter. Thank you Sarah.
The rules of this award are: 1. Thank whoever gave this to you 2. Copy award 3. Post it in your blog 4. Tell us 7 things that your readers don't know 5. Link 7 new bloggers 6. Notify winners of the award with a comment on their blog 7. Keep being awesome!
The list of 7 things readers don't know will be difficult. I have been blogging over a year and during that time I have pretty much "let my hair down" and there is very little I haven't shared. On the other hand, newer readers may not know some of these things so I'm repeating a few.
My list of 7 things
1. I have a habit of "counting". I often count the number of people in an Alcoholics Anonymous or Al-Anon meeting. If others enter after I have counted, I recount.
2. When seated in a restaurant or meeting room, I prefer to be seated facing away from a wall and looking out over the larger part of the space.
3. I received a number years ago. "My" number is 141. I will often just happen to look at a clock at 1:41 or see items that cost $1.41 or the unit price of $1.41.
4. Receiving the gift of a healing touch has completely changed how I look at everything - you, me, the world, life, God.
5. I dreamed my own death and didn't die....thank God. :)
6. When poems come to me, I consider them cherished parts of me and they change my world.
7. My second toes (those next to my big toes) are longer than the big toe and all the other toes. Someone once told me that was a sign of intelligence. I think that someone (he) was trying to "hit" on me. :)
8. I tend to break the rules of blog awards, but bloggers are forgiving and still pass awards on to me. Thank you all.
I'm sober in AA since July 5th 1985, and a grateful member of Alanon since November 2004.
I joined the "blogosphere" in September, 2008.
In December 2011 I became a grandmother for the first time and now understand why it's such a big deal. I'm wildly in love again with that little guy.