Sunday, August 29, 2010

Monday 8/30/10 - "I CHOOSE"

"I CHOOSE"


I have learned some things in the 25 years I have worked the Alcoholics Anonymous program and the almost 6 years I have worked the Al-Anon program. One of the most important is that I have choices. When I was in the grip of my alcoholism I had very few choices and absolutely none respecting alcohol, then I got sober. I have learned that I have a smorgasbord of choices.

SO.......
TODAY I CHOOSE:

to not drink
joy

happiness
to love myself
to take care of myself
to stand tall
hope
faith
trust
peace
serenity
to lovingly set and maintain boundaries
to accept myself as I am
to continue to work on becoming the person God intended me to be
to work on my spiritual connection to God
emotional balance
love
sanity
courage
beauty

I choose to stay out from behind the self-imposed curtain I used to insulate myself behind for so many years

I choose to live life fully center-stage



Prayer Girl

Photo credit: The Amazing Kasih by Sue Cullumber - Kodak picture of the day

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

our choices define us...and we do have a choice...

Wanda's Wings said...

You are a very strong person. Thank you for your prayers.

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

:)
great

Marcia said...

Nice!

Syd said...

Love the photo. That is one of the things that I needed to understand--I do have a choice when it comes to alcoholism and so many other things in life.

Unknown said...

Brilliant choices and also gratitude.

thank you PG.
Love
g

marie said...

great choices! I touched on this topic today, too. Hope you are having a good Monday morning!

steveroni said...

How I pity those who have little or no choice. Simply, some put one foot in front of another, not knowing whence, whither...or WHY.

Blessed are those Prayer-Girl--like you--who DO know w, w, and w.

Your CHOICE list is PERFECT!

Looks like home in + or - a week.
Cutest darn monkey! Will it still be there? Do we know her/him?. Does the monkey mow grass and pull weeds? (And clean out old papers and music?)

Take care...

izzy said...

Choices ! oh yes! to say: " No" with no explanation- was a hard one-
and "yes", with no conditions! Thanks!