Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday 8/16/10 - "BUSY"

"BUSY"

Today (Sunday) began with an Al-Anon meeting at 11:00 followed by meetings with two Al-Anon sponsees, first a short visit with one followed by a longer meeting with the other to begin working on Step 4 using "Paths to Recovery". By the time I got home daughter and hubby who were both gone this morning were back. Mr. Steve and I went for a quick coffee at one of our favorite spots, Starbucks. It was a farewell coffee since hubby is leaving tomorrow on a scooter trip.

This evening I spent time with daughter watching a movie. She suffers constantly with sinus infections and it was good to just sit and relax. People with sinus trouble seem to be particularly affected adversely in this part of the country. I also had conversations with two of my other sponsees during the night. It has been a busy day.


Daughter is preparing to start a new job tomorrow. She has been out of work for about 3 months and the company who let her go three months ago has rehired her to do do marketing for them. I am preparing to start back at my volunteer job at the hospital doing pastoral care after being on sabbatical for the summer. I will be praying for guidance. Being off three months means I have fallen out of the routine, but I know I will return to the pattern quickly.

Please pray for me, my daughter and my husband as we move into our separate activities and in different directions tomorrow.


Heard at a meeting:

Don't tell God how big your mountains are, tell your mountains how big your God is.

Prayer Girl

6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

you got my prayers PG...hope her job goes well...as well as your return to the volunteer world...and of course mr scooter smiles....

clean and crazy said...

in my prayers for sure. i love that quote

Wanda's Wings said...

I really like that last line. Good luck to you, your daughter, and hubby as you go your separate ways today.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Will be praying, actually have already been asking God to prepare and pave the way.

I know He will.

I like the heard at a meeting quote! Good stuff (scribbling it into my book). :)

steveroni said...

What you did not say, PG is that EVERY day of yours is as busy as...

But then, when it is God's business we are about, there always seems to become available the strength, the power to take care of "business".

So it was. So it is.
Love ya, PG

Syd said...

I hope that all goes well for those in your family. Different directions eventually lead back to the same destination.