Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday 12/20/09 - "GOOD MORNING SUNDAY"

"GOOD MORNING SUNDAY"

I've been battling a cold since last Wednesday night. Christmas is not a good time to be sick, but then when is? I've been taking Zicam regularly and I think the symptoms will stay mild.

Friday night was not a good sleeping night. I probably had 3 hours of sleep which for me just doesn't cut it. I was asked to speak at a 9:30 Saturday morning women's meeting. I dragged myself there and God was with me. My talk went well. I felt good about speaking and by the time I was finished I felt so much better. God is good.

Last night my three best, longtime friends and I went out to dinner and had a little gift exchange for Christmas. We ate at PeiWei that has wonderful Asian food (I had sweet and sour shrimp with extra vegetables and added sweet chile sauce) and topped the evening off with ice cream from a little shop next door.

Daughter was out with friends to the movies when I returned so I had the opportunity to wrap her presents and get them under the tree. I wrapped while watching a Disney movie, Enchanted. Even at my age, I loved it.

This morning I'm off to my Al-Anon meeting, will meet with a sponsee, and tonight there will be a small Christmas get-together with with a few Alcoholics Anonymous friends. Life doesn't get much better than this.

Love to all,
Prayer Girl

(Photo credit: Pepperming Christmas by Steve Webb)

13 comments:

Just Be Real said...

PG I do hope you are feeling better as what you described, you have a lot going on now. Blessings and sweet hugs.

Marla said...

I so appreciate your blog. Your attitude is always so positive and always seems to point me back to the Lord. Have a great Sunday!

Unknown said...

The fact that you kept doing the next right thing while feeling a bit under the weather--well, that is what I want and why I keep coming back! I hope the Zicam kicks butt.

Feel Better..Namaste

Shadow said...

i can feel the contentment in your words...

Wanda's Wings said...

How beautiful.

wolfie185 said...

PG I hope you get to feeling better soon! Sounds like you have have a wonderful few days and God is continuing to bless you.

Hugs from Nebraska
Scott

Patricia Marie said...

Hope the cold passes quickly. Happy Holidays.

Brian Miller said...

sounds like a great day...peiwei is awesome...the wontons in that sauce...amazing! hope the cold goes away soon!

Enchanted Oak said...

It's a beautiful photo. And you're the kind of AA soul that keeps me coming back because I want the acceptance and peace you have.

G-Man said...

You are such a sweetheart...

Get Better PG!!!!!!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

hope you're feeling better. I loooove this picture. It's so full of color and 'happy.' Stay strong and enjoy the times you have. You deserve the good...Sarah

Syd said...

I'm really glad. It sounds like a great day.

Anonymous said...

Enchanted... I love disney movies...still!

I watched a good movie - The Answer Man - the other night, it was very ... enlightening and wonderful.

Prayers and wishes for sickness to stay...at bay!