Thursday, December 17, 2009

Friday 12/18/09 - "SPINNING LIKE A TOP"



FLASH FICTION FRIDAY 55



"SPINNING LIKE A TOP"

I've too many coupons for too many stores.
I've people to please with just the right gift.
What am I looking for? Am I in the right spot?
My purse is too small with papers galore.
And here I stand with purchases in hand.
Where is that crazy coupon?
Help, I'm spinning like a top!

Prayer Girl


Flash Fiction Friday 55
is a story written in exactly 55 words.
Let the G-Man know if you write one
and read the ones of your fellow writers.

13 comments:

G-Man said...

Doncha just LOVE Holiday Shopping?
I feel your angst PG!
Excellent 55 My Dear.
Thank you for always writing from the heart, no matter what the subject matter.
Have a Wonderful Holiday...Galen

Just Be Real said...

Befuttled is what I sense. Blessings PG.

Shadow said...

hold tight!!!!!!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this made me really smile. Awesome 55. Sarah

Brian Miller said...

nicely done. while i think this would fit many occassions, it definitely hits the holidays. nice 55. i feel it.

mine is up!

Hootin Anni said...

Calm down....you'll survive!!! [this is so typical tho...we've all gone through this, I think!]

MY 55 is all about snow suits and the urge....come see HERE

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!

clean and crazy said...

oh my your in my head this week!! great 55 I am so there!! merry christmas!!

Tall Kay said...

You summed it all up about holiday shopping in only 55! Talk about insanity! The spinning top is a good visual!

Enchanted Oak said...

Hey, PG, I know that feeling!
I never have the coupons when I need them. Drat.
Mine's up.

Monkey Man said...

Boy Howdy! The Holidays can feel like that for certain. Great 55. My 55 is HERE.

Mike said...

It does make you crazy to try to navigate the stores this time of year.

Felicitas said...

I've so been there - and will be again! But wouldn't it be nice just to relax and enjoy the holidays, rather than spinning out of control in preparation for them?!

Anonymous said...

I didn't have to worry about it this year, whew... sorta a relief! Hang in there, it will be over before you know it! Great 55!