Tuesday, November 4, 2008

BACK TO REALITY


BACK TO REALITY

It's not easy getting back to reality. Just look at that ship! I had taken a tender onto an island where I had an opportunity to listen to island music, eat "again", and swim in the Caribbean. I was out in the water, camera over my head in order to get this shot from this perspective. I just love it - loved the ship, loved the water, loved the beautiful day, love this picture.

Mr. Kitty was more than happy to be home. He has been roaming his "jungle" - our screened lanai has an outer portion that has a screened roof area where plants grow below. Kitty loves to prowl what he considers his personal jungle.

Kitty got the first bath he's ever had while he was boarded. He was at the Cat Care Clinic - they take care of only cats. They understand them. He's much happier there than when I used to take him where I also used to board our dogs. I have had cats that I could wash, but Mr. Kitty isn't one of them. Well, now he feels and smells so nice. He even struts around with his head higher as if he's saying, "Hey, look at me - I'm hot stuff".


My 4 hours at the hospital was 100% in God's control. It's pretty amazing - having absolutely no idea as I enter a room what God may want to accomplish. I find the more I keep in mind that what happens is all about God and zero about me, the better it goes.

Went to a 5:30 meeting. Alkyseltzer and I rode our cycles. I love the cooler air fall is finally bringing. I hadn't been on my scooter for over a week, was a little nervous (especially since I'm still swaying a little), but all went well and I had no problems. The meeting was a beginner meeting and the after the meeting fellowship consisted of a potluck meal together. A wonderful time was had by all.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip. Gabi and I said that we want to go in 2010.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're back! I'm thrilled that you had a good time.

Akannie said...

Welcome home!!!!

Shadow said...

that IS an amazing pic! mr. b also got a bath on sunday, he got all dusty on his walk, and still this morning, when jumped up onto my bed, i got the whiff of shampoo and felt his silky coat, it's just the best. they do tend to prance and show off a bit after a bath, don't they.

Lou said...

Once the cat is settled in, you know you are really back home.

Wait. What? said...

Welcome home!!! Wonderful photo and wonderful memories I am sure! My husband and I are talking about 2010 thanks to you and Alchy!

Cat

Syd said...

It looks like a beautiful ship. Great photo.

Unknown said...

2010 2010 2010...we so want to be there and just enjoy the bliss of gratitude and a ship!!!

thank you for your post, so glad you are back!!!
Gabi

steveroni said...

I promise, next time maybe I'll get off the ship-grin-...in port!

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip! Sorry, I'm very behind and I'm not sure where you went. I want to go on a cruise at least once in my life. Some day...

Did you guys gain weight? lol

I know Alky likes his chocolate!

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

So glad your trip was awesome! You were missed, so I'm glad you're back too!!!