Sunday, March 28, 2010

Monday 3/29/10 - "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SON"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SON"

39 years ago this night I was laboring away in a hospital delivery room in Bethesda, Maryland. It was back in the "olden days" - before Lamaze births, before delivering babies became a more civilized affair, before it was routine to be able to identify the sex of the coming baby. I was totally alone, screaming, visited intermittently by nurses till finally at 3:00 a.m. 3/29 you arrived.

I was so delighted that my first child was a boy. You were perfect. My memory of past events is not always the best, but I remember that night and your birth vividly. I always will.

So, son, happy birthday. I have been proud of you always. I was proud of you when you were a little boy, proud of your accomplishments in scouting, school, and friendships. I was proud of your compassionate heart when you were so helpful while living with your grandparents. You worked, went to college, and were there for them as well. I was so proud of you when you graduated from college and your success in your chosen profession. Things have not always been easy for you, but you have a wonderful spirit that rises to all challenges. You have grown into a man that I continue to be proud of. I am so happy that you will be celebrating your first year wedding anniversary in just 6 days on April 4th. My heart is filled with happiness that you are happy.

SON -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

LOVE YOU ALWAYS,

MOM


Prayer Girl
(Photo credit: birthday cake by vonzilla@deviantart.com)

14 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday to your son!!

I have an urgent prayer request on arise 2 write.
andrea

steveroni said...

Happy Birthday, C. And PG, you are so right--he is a pretty nice guy, after all! And he married "well"!!!

Some things in life are...well, just GOOD! Lots of love there.

PEACE

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

So, so sweet.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Happy Birthday and wonderful sharing of love!

Just Be Real said...

Very sweet dear one. Happy Birthday Son! :)

Enchanted Oak said...

You wrote such a beautiful message to your son. I'm of the opinion that children should remember their mothers on that day of their birth. I usually call my mom on my birthday and thank her. Well, I used to, back when she knew what day it was (!). Your son is fortunate to have you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing that. Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words Mom. I Love You very much. A person becomes who they are from the people that brought them up.

Paula said...

A very happy birthday to your son. Hugs to him and you.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to him! It was a pretty awesome day mom!

♥namaste♥

mile191 said...

Happy Birthday to your son!!! ...and HAPPY BIRTHday...to you, MOM!!!

Thanks for your sweet comment and care on my behalf. You are always so good to be here, for me, and for so many, and I find strength in your faith, power, hope and prayers.

Hugs to you. HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DaY!

mile 191

Kathy M. said...

What a lovely post. Happy birthday to your son. Thank you for sharing.

When I was in the Navy reserves, I used to spend my two weeks active duty training at Bethesda. But that was only 25 or so years ago! :-)

Jingle said...

on, my ,]your boy is 39!
Happy Happy Birthday!

Syd said...

That is such a nice tribute to your son. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to him.