Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thursday 4/1/10 - "APRIL ARRIVES

"APRIL ARRIVES"

A glorious day welcomes the first day of April. It is sunny, low humidity, high will be 80. It is beautiful.

No new eggs yet in our little nesting area out by the front door. When we cleaned out the old nest after mom and ducklings left all the rocks in the bed were spread out evenly. Within ten days I found a new indentation in the nesting area. Will a third mama duck begin laying soon? Could be!

Anyone ever hear of a Sweet Tomato restaurant? There are salad, soup, dessert, pasta, and bread bars and lots of choices from each. For many years if we wanted to eat there we had to drive up to Ft. Myers. No longer. They opened one last week here in Naples. My three longtime girlfriends, daughter, and I went there last night. It was packed, but they helped us find seating and what a fabulous meal we had. The salads were fresh and exotic as well as the standard salad fixings. The soups were fresh, hot, and totally yummy. There was a penne pasta with lemon butter sauce and capers that was out of this world. I overate and enjoyed every bite. Today I will eat a little less. :)

Yesterday was my noon women's Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and as always it was a highlight of my week. I admit that I have many highlighted days each week. Monday is volunteering at the hospital that brings so many blessings. Tuesday is an Al-Anon meeting based on the book, "Opening our Hearts, Transforming our Losses". Wednesday is the women's AA meeting. Friday is an Al-Anon meditation meeting. Saturday is another AA women's group that uses "Each Day a New Beginning" for discussions and Sunday is my Al-Anon home group that uses "Hope for Today" as the reader.

Easter is approaching fast. This time of year brings back the many memories I have of RCIA (the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) and my confirmation into the Catholic church at the Easter Vigil service the Saturday night before Easter two years ago. It was a spiritual landmark in my life. I reflect now on the circumstances that led me to join the church. I remember the miracle and wonder of receiving the gift of a healing touch the year before I made the decision to become Catholic. The two stories are intricately entwined. I pray God will continue to bless others through me as He wills.

Yesterday while walking dog Lucky on his retractable leash he suddenly came upon a cat who leaped out of the bushes and dashed across the street. Dog immediately followed suit and in a split second as I watched the leash play out I saw a car coming down the street. Dog is big. I could only jerk back on the leash, fall backward into a sitting position on the grass to halt him, and wrench my upper arm in the process. I managed to prevent dog from entering the street and many ibuprofen later, iced arm, and soothing balm applied, the arm feels better. All will be fine.

Today is a free day. No plans other than a Thursday night church liturgy. I will go or stay as the spirit leads this beautiful day.

Have a glorious day.

Prayer Girl
(Photo credit: Waddle by Lisa Boulden - a Kodak Picture of the Day)

11 comments:

Brian Miller said...

cute pic. happy easter...you are a blessing o others each day if nothing than through yours words...

Anonymous said...

Aye, PG, your poor arm! I hope you have healed up :)

I think you have tossed your perfect day up this way, and I thank you for that. It's gearing up to be a pretty one today and I can't wait!

Andrea said...

Praying you have a great evening! Blessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Ouch! God heal you quickly!

Syd said...

Those retractables can be dangerous for exactly that reason. I am glad that your arm is okay. Take care and be careful. I know of someone who lost an eye from a retractable leash.

Susan said...

Have an especially blessed Holy Week and Easter, PG. I am looking forward to attending tonight's mass of the Lord's supper where our priest washes the feet of 12 parishioners. It is always such an amazing experience. Thanks for blogging.

Wanda's Wings said...

Sorry about your sore arm, but I'm glad you are having a beautiful April 1, 2001.

Just Be Real said...

PG hope you feel better dear. Love the picture.

Sherry said...

I always get a peaceful feeling when I read your blog! Hope you arm feels better.

Paula said...

Tomato restraunat - I dont believe it. I was there when visitng Lovers Key! Hardly knowing anythign but now we looked out for the same foodie place! Great minds think alike ;-))) Love ducklings and hope you will have more around. Wish you a very happy weekend. Paula

Jingle said...

what beautiful post,
love the ducklings...
cute, lovely!