I will share about the retreat later in the week.
For now, I'm picking up on Mr. Steve's invitation to blog about:
THE SIX THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
1. It makes me so happy to have the opportunity to attend a spiritual retreat and that I valued myself enough to give it to myself as a gift for my birthday. The peace and serenity, the closeness to God, the friendships that I experienced.....it's all just so very good.
2. It makes me happy anytime God puts an 'urging' in my mind to reach out and offer my healing touch to someone or to just reach out to another and discover later they have experienced a healing. This is a joy beyond description.
3. It makes me happy when a poem or prayer or a prayer poem is born. That also brings a satisfaction and joy beyond compare. I would need a poem to describe the wonder of creating a poem.
4. Getting back to the very mundane - I am happy, happy, happy when I sit down to enjoy a Starbucks extra hot vanilla latte or caramel macchiato. I swoon. It is the one addiction that I still allow in my life.
5. I am happy when my son and daughter are happy. When they have good news, things are going well for them or they have had a difficult situation that has been resolved, I feel happy and very grateful.
6a. I am happy for the relationship I have with God. I am happy that today I know what I have been searching for all my life and I have begun to find it.
6b. Last, but certainly not least, in fact mostly....I am happy to have found my husband and to be living whatever years God graces us with together.
....oh heck, I have to add a 6c. I am happy for my recovery that has allowed all of the above and to have found the recovery blogosphere and you, my dear readers and writers.